Ulster Folk Museum Highlights TourBook Tickets
Get to know the town of Ballycultra in an even more characteristic way by taking one of our 'Highlights Tours' led by a costumed guide. You'll explore our authentic period buildings, some of which have been meticulously transported from their original locations around Ulster, each with a unique story to tell.
You'll learn the history behind our Picture House, Post Office, Corner Shop, Bank, Churches, houses and cottages to name but a few. While on the tour you'll also get the chance to watch our talented makers demonstrate traditional heritage skills such as blacksmithing, willow weaving and printmaking. Keep your eyes peeled for some historical characters along the way, who bring the rich stories of rural Ulster to life.
Dates and Times
- 15th July - 11:00 and 14:00
- 16th July - 11:00 and 14:00
- 22nd July - 11:00 and 14:00
- 23rd July - 11:00 and 14:00
- The Highlight Tours are around 45 to 60 minutes long.
- Please meet your guide 5 minutes before the start of your tour at the Corner Shop (which is no 2 on the map you'll be given on the day).
- Feel free to enjoy and explore the rest of the museum before or after your tour!